Gifts of Cash
A donation of cash is a simple and easy way for you to make a gift.
Benefits of gifts of cash
- You can make an immediate impact on our mission
- You can take a charitable income tax deduction
How to make a gift of cash
- Mailing a gift of cash - You can send Boston University a check or money order. Make your check payable to Trustees of Boston University.
- Please note on the memo line of your check how you would like to designate your gift, or attach a note to that effect.
- Mail your gift to Boston University Gifts & Records, 595 Commonwealth Avenue, Suite 700, West Entrance, Boston, MA 02215
More on gifts of cash
Did you know that you can mail a check on December 31st and, even if the check is not received and cashed by Boston University until after the new year, the IRS will allow you to take a deduction in the year the check was mailed? Keep this in mind for year-end tax planning!
If you have any questions about gifts of cash, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions that you have.